Port Moody


Sophia and her hairy dad, hanging out.

I preached at a Mennonite church in Port Moody this morning. This church is awesome - people are super friendly and the pastor is very humble. They meet in a school gym, and it sort of gives me hope for Urban Sanctuary.

I think I can officially claim being the pastor of the smallest church in North America. I said that this morning to much laughter.

I have been reading David Fitch's book "The Great Giveaway". I agree with some of his stuff. But, there's some stuff that I feel gets a bit overly critical of some modernist tendencies of evangelical churches.

We need to keep our ecclesiological categories a little wider.

Derek Vreeland posted a very very good post about his journey out of some aspects of pentecostalism. Read it here.

I have grown a beard and it's pretty hairy now. My office is really really messy. When I am in here with my bearded face, surrounded by books wearing torn slippers, pajama bottoms and a worn out t-shirt from the 2003 sun run - I know I look like the Unabomber.

Comments

Derek Vreeland said…
Thanks for the link!

Derek

P.S. I like the beard!

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls