Day Off



Santosh freezing in English Bay - Jan 1 2008!!!

Monday's are my day off. I used to take Saturday's, but I find after Sunday night's, I am pretty much useless on Mondays.

Most of my days off I do something w. the fam, or catch a movie.

Today I saw Juno. It's been much hyped, and was actually pretty good, and will probably make my top 10 of 2007, which I am still working on.

Then I was going to my favourite Starbucks to read some Flannery O'Connor and ran into a friend of a friend. She in turn was another friend. We decided to sit together and chat as new found friends are apt to do.

It turned into a nice time. The new friend that I just met, turned out to be a writer (which I often aspire to be, during my more optimistic moments). So we had a nice chat, and I managed to recruit them and one of their husbands to coming to our home group on Wednesday night!

One of the great things about living in a larger city, is the great array of restaurants available to you. Tonight I had a craving for Ebi Mayo, so we headed down to Hapa Izakay for some tasty Japanese tapas.

Hapa Izakay was the first restaurant we took Adam to - he was only a few weeks old. One of the waitresses quickly became a fan of Adam's, and would always stop by and play with him. We hadn't been there for quite awhile and the waitress couldn't believe how Adam had grown. And she was quite impressed with Sophia as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls