got me the lenten blues

got an interesting e-mail from a friend in victoria. he speculated about whether churches that intentionally practise lent face oppression. i resonated with that because as some of you know i have given up coffee for lent. and the past week has been the most difficult one for me and felicia.

we are wondering if our future really is in vancouver, or whether we are supossed to be somewhere else. there are a lot of factors behind this unrest that i can't go into here.

had the church council meeting last night, where they were going to go over our proposal to council. will find out today what they say.

any of you out there who believe in prayer please pray for us - i am in a real season of despondency and am close to throwing in the towel.

"if you can't change it, you're going to have to learn to stand it." - ennis from brokeback mountain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Was wondering where you'd gone...

Interesting thoughts about Lent... My experience is that sometimes it is an exercise in Law and other times is it an experience of Jesus.

One year, in order to avoid the Law-type of experience, I gave up three small things that covered different areas of my life and interests...the point was that I realized that between the three I would encounter my lenten fast daily or multiple times daily and could use it to draw my attention to the season and to ultimately to Jesus. It worked a lot better for me than when I gave up something like wine or beer which I really only have a couple of times a week...

This year, I was so distracted that Lent began and I really hadn't thought about it...so I'm not doing anything in particular. And I'm still finding it a meaningful season.

Just a few thoughts.

Meanwhile, it sounds like your LIFE is feeling pretty lenten...hang in there and I'll be checking to see what happened with the council.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls