deck dealt to man / terror in the skies from grouchy seat-mate

6:50 AM - back home!!!! Last night was easily the most tired I have ever been in my life. My whole body and face felt weighted down by gravity. I did manage to drink 1 Guiness to celebrate St. Patricks Day. Also I can still say that I was in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day which is true - I was there from midnight to 8:00 AM.

The trip back was rough:

bus to Dublin airport
fly from Dublin to London Gatwick
bus from London Gatwick to Londond Heathrow
fly from London to Vancouver
taxi home from airport

I was "just in time" during the whole ordeal of getting from Dublin to London Heathrow.

Last night Felicia and Adam gave me a pleasant surprist by showing up at the airport. As soon as Adam saw me he gave a HUGE smile and literally jumped out of Felicia's arms into mine - one of the greatest moments of my life.

side-story - some people are just grouchy. As I was putting my stuff up in the London-Vancouver flight the lady I was going to sit next to was just glaring at me from behind. I got in my seat and then noticed I had forgotten my ipod in my jacket. She was now getting her stuff in - i noticed my jacket sleeve was hanging out. I sort of reache dunder and got my ipod. I then asked if she could put my jacket back. She snapped - "I didn't touch your jacket!". I said I just asked you if you could do it as a courtesy. She said no problem, she thought that i thought she had knocked my jacket out.

so started my trip. i promptly kept me headphones in the next few hours so as to not engage in conversation w. her.

I am pretty adept at picking up on someone who is racist - it hasn't happened in years but i still know it when i see it.

today - work out, brunch w. fam, plan sermon and service for tomorrow night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls