Twitter

This lake is 5 minutes from our house!


Oprah joined twitter, instantly escalating it into middle American mainstream reality. Over the past couple of years I had joined, quit and then re-joined twitter. I could never really figure out want the point of it was.

Now, I update probably 6-7 times a day and I enjoy seeing what other people are doing throughout the day.

On Twitter, people can "follow" you, that is, start getting your updates, and conversly you can follow others, and get their updates. For the past few weeks, I would get 2 or 3 notifications that someone was following me - I would then start following them.

In the past 2 days, I have had over 100 notices that people are following me. I feel obliged to follow them - it turns out the majority of these people are some kind of networking, marketting blogging types. So, I end up actually not following them.

Weird Stuff.

Another good Sunday. Preached on Sabbath - the lost practice of evangelicals - sure we go to church, but what do we actually do to mark the day as holy? Played the clip from Chariots of Fire, where Liddel refuses to run his Olympic heat, because it falls on the sabbath.

Oh - please pray for Sophia - she has a high fever and has been throwing up a lot - poor thing.

Comments

Asha said…
Stan - I liked Anne rice before- did you read memnoch the devil? (this is mike btw)

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls