Today's News

In case you haven't heard, shootings in Vancouver have become as common as Latte orders. There is some kind of gang turf war going on, and gangsters have been shooting each other up all across Metro Vancouver. 2 well known gangsters moved to Port Moody, which made all us gentle suburbanites a little extra nervous.

Today, a woman who was being evicted from her care home shot a worker there with a rifle. A shooting in a care home - you can't make that kind of stuff up.

Our church has been doing a series called "When God's People Pray". It is starting to wrap up, which means we will be going back to the book of Exodus again. It has taken us almost a full year to get through that book - I'm sure some people feel like we've been wandering in our own desert through the series.

U2 tickets are going on sale for Vancouver soon. Felicia and I were debating about wether we should get floor tickets. I told her I think I'm too old to be on the floor - she said that if we don't get floor tickets, when we get there, I'll be complaining the whole time about how we should be on the floor.

Played hockey outside with some of the neighborhood kids this afternoon. I like the way Adam always thinks he's winning, even when it is painfully obvious that he's not. Optimism in spite of reality.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree with you about the U2 floor tickets. I am getting old and would much rather sit and watch, but those good seats are 5x the floor price. Jason is also planning on going to Vegas to see them.

We are planning on going to Vegas to see the show - just waiting for the presale :)
Joel M-E

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls