Easter 2009

We had our service at the Inlet Theatre - which is appearing to be our church's next venue - hopefully starting this summer.

The service - good worship, I also brought 3 "witnesses" on stage at different times. These witnesses gave testimonies of a variety of ministries in our church. We also watched a video of  a song ont he work of Christ - it was shot in black and white and went back and forth between a ballet dancer and an elderly priest serving communion - very powerful, simple piece.

I preached on the cross, the empty tomb and the difference it makes. I essentially answered 3 questions:

1. Why did Jesus have to die?
2. Was the tomb really empty?
3. Who cares? What difference does this make for contemporary life?

Got a good response from several people after. There were a number of new families there, who used to attend the church in the past, and are starting to drift back in.

After the service we had a pot-luck brunch in the foyer of the building. It was a great way to celebrate Easter. The whole day has been my high-light since starting at Heritage Mountain Church last year.

The week leading up to Easter and Easter itself were a huge confirmation for Felicia and I that we are in the right place for ministry. I had been struggling in the "slough of despond" for the past month - a combo of illness and certain inter-relationship stresses. But, I appear to have emerged on the other side.

So, today, being one on my beloved days off, I thought I would head downtown. I thought I would catch a movie in Coquitlam and then drive downtown to do some shopping. I settled on the movie "Adventureland" which had a respectable 88% on Rotten Tomatoes. 

My popcorn was gross - really salty. I sat through the first half hour of the movie, and was stunningly bored and was finding the dialogue kinda irritating - it was a bit too ironic a'la Juno. So, I left the movie. I also got a fresh bag of popcorn and got my money refunded for the movie.

Went home and flew kites with Soph and Adam which was fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls