Killer Apps. and Mr. Mom

Sophia slides down.


I read this article in the New York Times. And, I am on a quest now to create the next killer ap for my iphone. The article reminded me of something my brother told me. A girl who was studying philosophy at NYU, when my brother was docing doctoral work there, she developed an app. that downloads crossword puzzles from some of the larger newspapers. She sold the app to apple and started making several thousand dollars a day for a couple of months.

She quit studying Kant, and now works for Apple.

The article lists some of the most popular apps today. I think the key is to think of something that would appeal across the board to a broad spectrum of people, like a gas station finder or something like that.

Gotta keep my head down and think of something good.

This week I am Mr. Mom - Felicia is "orienting" for her new job at a hospital that is 5 minutes from our house. It is a small hospital in Port Moody, that I have visited several times to visit sick congregants. Felicia's old hospital is one of the largest in Canada, so it will be interesting how she makes the transition.

So - I have the kids from 7 - 4 everyday, which is kinda tough, seeing as this is the week before Easter - and that's a pretty big day, if you're a Christian, and even bigger if you're a pastor and have to preach that day.

I'm going to preach on ... wait for it - the cross and the resurrection. I was turning my office upside down for the book "The Cross of Christ" by John Stott - it is the best book ever written on the atoning work of Christ. I think its in my sisters basement in Regina - there are tons of boxes of my books there, including my prized U2 collection.

I found a few other books which should help. It should be a good service.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Any time you want to pick up your books... Please feel free!
Sorry we missed your call last night - will try to call tonight.

Asha

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls