Changes 2


Getting Re-Hydrated

Heritage Mountain Church in Port Moody voted today on whether to extend an official invitation to me to be their lead pastor. The vote was 100% unanimous in favor of inviting me. I have accepted the call, and will begin ministry there on July 1.

Sadly, this means that our ministry at Urban Sanctuary will conclude on June 30. We plan on living downtown for the Summer. In September, we have already confirmed a home in Port Moody to rent for a year.

As you can imagine, this has been one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make in my life. Felicia and I have lived in Yaletown for 7 years. We have come to love our lives here, and of course our beloved community, Urban Sanctuary!

At this stage, in our family’s life, I simply needed to be in a full-time ministry position. Being part time at Urban Sanctuary was incredibly difficult for us as a family.

Despite the profound sadness we feel at leaving, we are also extremely excited at the opportunities and challenges that await us at Heritage Mountain. During this discernment process, we just kept seeing miracles and open doors that kept moving us in this direction. At the same time, several doors closed, with staying on in Yaletown.

I have been honored and blessed to have been able to start and lead Urban Sanctuary for the past 3 years. Like, the nation of Israel, we wandered, from First Baptist to Bar None (albeit very briefly there!), to 950 Cambie and now we are camped at Chez Faye.

Perhaps, like Moses, I was chosen only to lead this far on the journey. And maybe, God is now preparing a Joshua who will take over and lead the next stage of Urban Sanctuary.

On June 22, I will preach my final sermon at Urban Sanctuary. The following Sunday there will be a combined service with Heritage Mountain, where someone from Heritage Mountain will pray for Urban Sanctuary. And someone from Urban Sanctuary will pray for Felicia and I as we end one chapter, and begin a new one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls