Back in Business

The Ninans in Hawaii!!!

Got back this morning, early. A night flight. Everyone slept except me. I find it hard to sleep when my body is all at 90 degree angles.

So, I am basically in love with Hawaii. It is such an amazing place. A tropical lush place, but still a part of the good ol' U.S. of A.

We had an amazing holiday. 2 weeks of total r&r. It couldn't have been better. The place we stayed was the Hilton Village Resort. It is a huge complex filled with towers, pools, shops and restaurants. They even have penguins, macaws, flamingos and swans on site!

We rented a car for a couple of days and saw some of the other sites of Oahu island. There were only a couple of days that were overcast, but other then that the weather was perfect.

It was hard to leave, but I am already plotting our return - probably not until 2011, for our 10th anniversery. Just Felicia and I will go back - the kids will be old enough to be in someone else's care for a week.

After some rest in the morning, I was back at it in the afternoon. 200 e-mails, but only 50 needing response. Only about 5 phone calls needing attention.

Every morning I woke up early and went for a run by the ocean. Then I would go to the Starbucks in our hotel have a muffin and a coffee while doing my devotions. It was so amazing. I brought a bunch of books, but only managed to finish one - the publishing phenomenon, The Shack, which I'm sure I will blog about in the coming days.

Anyways, it was a great vacation, and its good to be back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls