Back to Back

This afternoon I met with a friend who will be shouldering some of the admin. details of Urban Sanctuary. I handed over a bunch of files related to the business of running the church. As we were wrapping, the moderator of the elder's board of my new church called - he was downtown and was wondering if we could meet.

So, I went directly from a meeting with the leader of Urban Sanctuary into another meeting with a leader of Heritage Mountain Church. Pretty symbolic of the macro-change happening in my life.

Also - have you heard this term, "known to police"? as in the arrested was known to police. Or sometimes they are "well" known to police. I'm pretty sure I am unknown to police, except when I am driving fast - and then the police and I are pretty tight.

I had to drive through East Hastings yesterday, which is Vancouver's show-case of open air drug use and all the accompanying vices. I saw 2 cops wrestle a guy to the ground and cuff him while he was screaming and wriggling around. If he wasn't known to police before, I'm pretty sure he is now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes I wonder if "known to police" means what we think it means. You see, I am likely "known to police" for my vigilant stance on drug dealing in my neighbourhood. They "know" me but they also "love" me. So I wonder if anything ever happened to me if they would say on the news "the victim was known to police" and just leave it at that.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls