M.I.A.


Sophia and Daddy keeping it real.

My sabbath starts Sunday after church and ends Tuesday morning. That means I unplug my phone, log out of my e-mail and am basically unreachable, much to the chagrin of certain people who wonder why I don't answer their phonecalls/e-mails/face book messages. Too bad.

Tonight, we had a very important meeting about the future of Urban Sanctuary. Basically, we're broke. I will get one more pay check, and that's it - barring some miracle manna from the skies.

So what do we do? Shut 'er down? Keep going w. no full time pastor?

I brought up the always fun topic of tithing, and how there were some people in the community who never tithe, and what that says about us as a community.

The meeting went very well, with everyone enthusiastically saying we should keep going and committing to giving more.

It is obvious at this point that we need to connect and partner with at least one other larger and more established church, in terms of financial, people and prayer support.

Any churches in Metro Vancouver up for it? We're nice.

Comments

Jeff Logan said…
I will make sure to post all of my disparaging remarks during this timeframe so that they have as much time to spread until you can defend yourself!!

Just kidding Santosh, or should I say Client no. 14...
Santosh said…
I don't get it?
Anonymous said…
Just trying to implicate you in the scandal alongside of Eliot Spitzer (aka client no.9). You know, spread a few rumours and allegations that are completely unfounded but could disseminate through blogdom - tarnishing your reputation - before you even have a chance to say anything ('cuz that's what I do on my day off!!)

Are you busy tomorrow? I have some meetings and I'm doing some guest teaching at a college in the afternoon - but I wanted to touch base with you re: our last phone call.
Santosh said…
Yeah - call me in the morning - I have a meeting at 2, and then again at 7 PM
Anonymous said…
Plant or transition?
By Darryl www.dashhouse.com
on March 5, 2008 1:07 PM
From Gordon MacDonald's book Who Stole My Church?:

Our experience leads me to say that if you want to be part of a church that is radically different than anything you've ever known, then plant one - start one. You can create new programs, new rules, and new structures. And you'll have about a one-in-five chance that it will survive. And if that's your call, go for it. There's a lot of nobility in planting churches. It's happening all over the countryside.

But if you are willing to be patient in one of those old churches (like ours) that is pretty high up the S-curve, then put your head down and go to work. Be patient, be prayerful, seek allies, build alliances with other generations. You'll probably have to convince a lot of people, and they'll come dragging their feet...But as time passes, somehow the Spirit of God will grab at hearts, and you just may see a miracle - a hundred year-old church that acts with the spirit of an enthusiastic teenager.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls