Dating

The plastic meat at Morton's.

Felicia took me out for dinner tonight. There was a cover story in the latest Vancouver magazine on steak houses. It whetted our appetite for some big fat pieces of meat.

We went to Morton's - which is a famous chain from the states. Our waiter asked if this was our first time at Morton's, we said yes. He said, well I'll be back with a menu presentation.

I waited with baited breath. The guy comes back with - I'm not kidding - a tray of plastic food. These things seriously looked like things that Adam has in his play kitchen. There were plastic potatoes, broccoli, asparagus, onions and tomatoes. Then there were plastic cuts of steak, which made more sense. The whole thing was a bit silly.

But, the food - lemme tell you, I like my meat sweat and meaty - and did they deliver! Best steak I've ever had. The desert was so-so - a grand marnier souffle - couldn't taste any grand marnier.

Then we hung out at Chapters. We came home and watched No Country For Old Men, which is a pretty amazing film.

Comments

Stu said…
Santosh - you take romance to a whole new level! It's the first time I've thought of No Country for Old Men as a possible date night movie!!
Santosh said…
I just loved that movie so much. How about this - the 3 hr. edition of Apocalypse Now on your honeymoon!!! that's what I did!

Also - last night the greeter at the restaurant was a really nice Irish girl from Wicklow. She's working for a year in Vancouver. It was funny, as we talked, her accent became more and more evident!
Anonymous said…
It's not plastic at all, it's the real deal.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls