Flowers and Cards



Valentines's Day Secret - a dozen roses are only $18 at Costco!!! So I bought 2 dozen for my lady friend. I gave one dozen to Adam to give to Flea, which was quite cute.

Had my Missional Training Network out in Surrey today. Today, might be my last one because I will probably be leading the Vancouver hub of a new endeavour called illumin8. It's a new network for younger leaders interested in missional ministry. There would be 4 zones and I would lead the Vancouver one - looks pretty promising.

I've also been contacted by someone in Seattle about something called the Transformational Learning Community. It comes out of Ray Bakke in Seattle - Bakke is basically THE MAN when it comes ot urban ministry.

The idea is to take 10 leaders each from Seattle, Vancouver, Portland and San Francisco and have them exegete their cities and then meet once in while to see what they find. The thinking is that there is a lot of similarities between these western cities. I tend to agree - Vancouver has way more in common with Seattle and Portland then it does with Calgary and Edmonton - comes down to simple geography:
  • 3 hrs from Seattle
  • 6 hrs. from Portland
  • 12+ hrs. from either Edmonton or Calgary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls