Eddie Gibbs - Surrey

Sitting in Southside church listening to Emerging leadership guru - Eddie Gibbs. I have met Eddie a couple of times before - always good stuff.

9:45 AM
Session 1 - Context and Calling
5 C's of leadership - character, competence, context, calling, context

There's about 50 people here - I should have gotten more people from the leadership team to come - oh well.

10:15 - My back hurts.
Took a break - was a big schmooze fest as I connected w. a bunch of planters and pastors - some new and some I hadn't seen in years.
Took a bag of cookies for Adam.

11:10 - Session 2 - I'm starting to wander. Not enough sleep last night.
Back still hurts. Starting to get some interesting stuff on the household set-up of the early church.

Lunch - Indian food. Very tasty, not enough. Now I'm really sleepy - need a double tall skinny latte to keep going.

1:00 - Cam does a brief commercial for Missional Training Network.
I have been involved for a year and a half and am now leading the Vancouver zone for Illumin8.

Q&A - Gibbs handling various volleys lobbed at him.

1:15 - Session 3 - Integrated Leadership. OK - I am almost completely gone at this point - tired and cranky. Checked my e-mail and read an article on Glen Hansard and his gf Martina Ignovineania (or whatever her last name is). They're coming to Seattle in April and I WANNA GO.

1:30 - OK, back w. it. Gibbs is hitting on the APEST model championed by Alan Hirsch. Gold, baby, gold!

2:00 - Where's our break? Both my bladder and brain are full.

2:15 - Ok, break. I got sucked into 3 different conversations and didn't make it the washroom. Yikes.

2:25 - Gibbs #4 - Character and Context

3:00 - Winding Down. Gibbs is catching a plane soon. I'm getting a ride w. another church planter - might grab a brew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls