Stop Smoking


Matches, an ashtray and a wheezy Santosh w. a headache.

I am in Winnipeg for some church planting meetings related to my denomination.

I had requested a non-smoking room, due to allergies I have to cigarette smoke. And guess - what - I have a splitting head-ache and a cough because I am sleeping in a padded ashtray!!!

I opened the hotel door, and I'm pretty sure some smoke came out. I walked in and called the front desk. Conversation:

Me: "I had requested a non-smoking room, due to my allergies. This is brutal.
Front Desk: Silence...." uh... There are no other rooms available...."
Me: "But I had BOOKED a non-smoking room, and I was ASSURED I would have a non-smoking room."
FD: "I guess they couldn't get you one."
Me (thinking) - no kidding sherlock.
"How about tomorrow night"
FD: "Just a second (muffled - why won't it do this?) Nope - nothing"

Note - When I checked in, this guy did not say a word to me, and didn't know which direction my room was in. He silently handed me the key and expected me to figure out where the room was. He also wanted me to sign my check-in sheet with a pencil, because he couldn't find a pen. I wowed him with my OWN pen.

I hang up and eye the plastic lounge chairs by the pool and wonder how comfortable they would be.

So... it is 2Am local time - I have a 7AM wake up call and a full day of meetings.

Pray for me.

I was going to blog about the death of Jerry Falwell, but the padded ashtray changed all that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dude, that really sucks! For what it is worth, if you can a chance to pick up Febreeze Anti-Allergy, it will help. When do you leave the city?

Peace,
Jamie
Santosh said…
I leave tomorrow at 3. I know you had some YWAM training stuff this week. And I am basically in meetings all day today and tomorrow morning.
Derek Vreeland said…
Hope you get feeling better soon. I don't know what is worse...sleeping in a "smoking" room or eating in a restaurant with a bar and cigarrette smoke. I did that Tuesday night...a bite of roast beef...a bite of smoke...YUCK!

Derek

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)