notes from a pub

i am sitting in a pub on bowen island. i am on my personal retreat - i haven't got to the retreat center yet - i stopped for some dinner on my way.

the service in this place sucks - already i am having a huge conflict in my head over the tip.

its really dark on the island - not many street lights - aparrently the retreat center is at the top of the hill and is quite a hike - i hope the bears don't get me or i wander off the path.

anyways i will probably post again on sunday or monday with the reports of my findings.

finished the sermon this morning - emotional wallop for the conclusion.

sn

addition at 9:17 p.m. - this retreat center has wireless! ha ha! this is hilarious - here i am trying to "get away from it all" and i can travel the globe through ther internet.

this center is at the top of a hill i was soacked with sweat by the time i got up here - got my room - this place is very very nice and you only pay what you can afford. my brother told me i should tell them i am charging negative 50 bucks so they will owe me 100 by sunday.

i have a private room w. my own bathroom - there is a shared kitchen where i prepare my meals. i brought food to make meals for tomorrow and sunday breakfast.

tonight i had a shower then went to one of the larger rooms and read - thomas merton on solitude. i'm getting pretty tired so i'm going to hit the sack early tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls