excitement!


rainy and grey monday - yuck.

last night i was so encouraged. there was these young people from new jersey who had come to oregon for a wedding. they decided to come up to canada for the day. they went to relevantmagazine's church database and found first@night! i guess we're listed on there although i can not remember signing us up to it. i also can't find it now on the net.

i was so pumped! the funniest part was that on their way up here they passed all these cool big emergent churches like imago dei in portland and mars hill in seattle. and they end up at our small little community! had a great time visiting with them.

since we are hurting for worship leaders we did "worship karaoke" last night. iworship has these dvds that contain a bunch of worship songs on them - they also have the words set against beautiful scenery. i was nervous about using them but they were quite effective.

i was a bit disappointed with my sermon. i wasn't going to read the whole story but i did by mistake - gen 27. i waasn't going to read it because i spend most of the sermon summarizing it. i forgot and sort of repeated the whole story twice - oh well. i've sort of come to terms to the fact that i won't always be able to hit 'em out of the park.

today - regent library and then my doctor.

joel sent me this - very funny - http://nickciske.com/fun/godpod/

"dance like no one is looking"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Santosh. Thanks for the mention. It really was great meeting you and worshiping in Vancouver that night. Seeing my brother's eyes light up when you told him your U2 stories was great. That's all he was talking about afterwards.

I'm pretty sure if we lived in Vancouver he'd want to hear you preach every Sunday. I really appreciated the enthusiasm and the laid back atmosphere of First@Night. I've been wanting to start something similar for about a year now at my church so it's definitely inspiring.

I'll be sure to keep you and your church family in prayer as far as the future of the ministry goes. I praise God that He used us to be an encouragement because we definitely left there encouraged by your teaching and not as bummed out about the fact that it rained the whole day we were there.
Anonymous said…
P.S. I couldn't find a link to the church directory on Relevant either so I searched under Google and found it - www.relevantmagazine.com/churchdirectory. Funny thing is I can't get it to come up now.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls