Worlds Collide and I am Sicker Than You

I have a bad case of the flu - really bad. I can't remember being this sick in years. Every winter I usually get a mild cold - but this thing this year has really way-laid me.  I spent most of the day in bed, the rest of the time whining to whoever is within ear-shot.

I am so sick, that for the first time ever I am trying to come up with a contingency plan for Sunday. I have never missed a preaching/speaking opportunity due to illness before. Some ideas are to have people share testimonies of answered prayer, or have my message video-taped on Friday, and then played on Sunday.

The Worlds Colliding reference is about the fact that U2 is playing on Letterman all this week. I have a deep love for both Dave, and U2, so it has been fascinating seeing them there every night. Tonight, they even did the top 10 list which was pretty funny.

I think the new album is fantastic - I think I am going to take Adam to the concert this year, which will be very very cool.

Comments

Jessie Cherian said…
This is weird -- I was sick last week with 'viral fever' and I thought the same thing -- I've never been this sick in years. I felt terrible. I couldn't believe I missed church because I was unwell! Get well soon!
Derek Vreeland said…
Sorry to hear that you are sick with the flu. My youngest son was out of a school a whole week with the flu a few weeks ago. He was sleeping like 18 hours a day. Crazy.

I would come and preach for you this Sunday if I had $1000 for airfare and if I wasn't preaching on the cross at our church here.

May God bless you and heal you!

Derek

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls