Urban to Suburban

Our neigbors backyard.

Adam and the deer right in front of our house!


The movers showed up Saturday morning an hour late, because someone had slashed the tires of their truck - I knew we were off to a good start. The movers were 2 19 yr. old guys covered in tattoos and smoking.

Within 3 hours they had packed up most of our stuff and packed up the truck and were on our way. I and some other friends had also taken 2 SUV's worth of smaller items as well. When I got back to the apartment, where Felicia was cleaning, to my shock there was still a bunch of stuff left - our dining table, a desk, a cd rack, a dvd rack plus a multiple of smaller items. I couldn't believe it. I actually had to rent a cargo van AND get someone w. an SUV to help us again. I am sending the bill for the van to the moving company

But, by Saturday night we had all our stuff under one roof. I still had to print up my sermon and go through it before the next day.

But, we're here - the burbs. The house we are living in for the year is pretty much a McMansion - 4 times bigger then our apartment. It's so big that Felicia and I sometimes call each other on our cel-phones, instead of trying to find each other.

Suburbia's first strike - You cannot order a pizza for delivery before 3:00 on a Sunday!!! What an outrage! After church yesterday we wanted to order a pizza - no dice.

We had some real excitement this morning - a family of deer walked in front of our house, and even hung out for a bit in our neigbors yard! We are definitely not downtown anymore.

I got a router yesterday, but couldn't get it to work. I should have bought an Airport Express from Mac, but didn't think of it. So, today I spent 45 minutes w. teach support - some guy from Nigeria walked me through the steps.

So, now I am on-line, except in our bed-room which is too far from the router.

Anyways, the Ninans are living it up in the cul-de-sac, dodging deer and soccer moms.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When you said 'I bought a router', the first thing I thought was 'Wow, Santosh really has gone suburban -- he's going to build his own furniture!'
Anonymous said…
Quite a life change, eh? This summer we had dear in our neighbourhood... in downtown Winnipeg! Not sure how they made it that far.

Is the router a LinkSys? If so, they are increasingly incompatible with Macs. We are switching soon too.

Peace,
Jamie
Anonymous said…
ok, I am so sleepy. dear=deer.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)