Open House


Last post was #666. Scary.

Today we held an "Open House" for Urban Sanctuary. We had all kinds of goodies and free coffee and Ice Tea, balloons for kids and even treats for dogs!

I had 5 significant conversations with some locals that passed by. Everyone we met was very enthusiastic about the idea of a church in Yaletown. I was sooo encouraged. This is what we were placed here to do - start to build significant relationships with people, and see where it goes.

At least 2 of the 5 I spoke with indicated they would return next week for our "regular" service.

The people I met:
- a photographer from New York, with a Catholic background who married a Canadian
-2 young guys, one also from New York with a Catholic background (no kidding!) - these guys were extremely enthusiastic about what we were doing
-a couple who are quite involved with a gay church in the westend - actually my conversation with the guy, was the most encouraging one I had - he shared about his spiritual journey from being lost, to being in the loving supportive community of his church, and the relationship he has with his girlfriend
-a family who were intrigued that a church would be in Yaletown
-a new friend that I met randomly on facebook

This was the singularly most encouraging night I have had since starting this crazy church planting effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls