Moving On

Fun times with Sophia.

Well, it's been a week since the loss of our unborn child.

Tough week. Felicia is physically back to normal - she went back to work today. But, emotionally... do you ever get over something like this?

We had an amazing service last night. Felicia and I both shared what this has been like for us. Felicia sobbed as she spoke. I was composed until I got to this one part where I discussed how I wasn't mad at God, because in the past I had felt God's kindness, goodness, kindness and grace. Then I said, if I, a sinful human being could experience that here on earth, then how much more would our daughter be experiencing it in God's presence right now.

When I got to talking about our baby, I stopped and the words got stuck in my throat. In the silence, I could hear the sobs of just about everyone in the room. It's one thing to see a woman cry, it's quite another to see a man cry.

We also had another couple share their similar story of a miscarriage - they lost their child at the same time (3.5 mths.) as Felicia. Their story was equally moving. Then our church prayed for us. Then we worshiped. And it was awesome.

I love my tiny little church. We've celebrated together the new life of Kaelin's baptism. And we've mourned the loss of life together.

COMMUNITAS, baby - COMMUNITAS!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It took me nearly two years before I was able to see a father with a child without breaking down. Perhaps it was because the lost baby would have been our first child (and we still consider the child our first). At any rate, let it take whatever time it takes.

Peace
Jamie

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls