Busy

Adam with some sartorial issues.

Well, this week proved to be a toughie. Felicia worked Monday day, Wed. night and now tonight. And then she turns around and works on Monday.

I had meetings Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. It was a real test, as I had to write a sermon in the midst of feeding, changing, bathing and playing with the kids.

Today, I took a day off. I find that when I am doing a lot of heavy mental lifting - like doing exegetical research for a sermon, there comes a time when you just have to step back from it: walk to Starbucks, walk around the block. Do anything that removes you from the task at hand for awhile.

This applies to the weekly rythym of Sabbath. Sabbath is a day for non-activity, rest. Sabbath forces us into the position of being "non-God". One pastor told me, that if a friend he was witnessing to, told him that the only day he could meet with him, was during a time when the pastor had already scheduled some r&r, the pastor would cancel his plans and meet with the friend. I told him, I wouldn't. He was shocked. I simply told him, that I schedule rest into my life, just like I schedule ministry and work - of course, if it was an emergancy I would have gone.

SHINE A LIGHT - The Stones on Imax - every wrinkle on display. Killer movie. I'm starting to wonder if seeing a band on IMAX is better then the real thing. It has better sound for sure, and you are so close to the images. There is a certain electric rush at seeing a band live - in sharing the same space of earth with them. But, you can see and hear so much more on IMAX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls