sunday # 5

had our 5th service tonight. it was good - good worship. the speaker jonathan bird spoke on urban mission. i think it resonated with some people but may have been a bit too academic for others. jonathan is a good guy and is doing good work in studying the city.

had a crazy busy day though

9 - attend first service with mark and mike (m and m)
10:30 - man the first@night booth after the service
10:45 - walk in the pouring rain to a restuarant in yaletown to have brunch with m and m. - had a good chat about faith. i really like mark - he is really honest about where he is at. actually both m and m are quite sincere as they venture into this whole "faith" thing
12:00 - return dvd, head back to man the booth again
1:30 - pick up groceries for flea
2:00 - eat soup and then read
4:30 - pick up new dvd for later tonight, i don't have any money so craig (the owner) tells me to pay when i return it - haha sucker! i'm going to sell it (no i'm not)
5:00 - in my office, read my bible and pray for the service
5:30 - start setting up for the service
6:10 - open the doors and start greeting people
6:30 - show time!

so by the end of the service i am usually completely tired - i just want to get home and curl up in front of the tv with a hot bowl of soup or something.

but now - midnight i start going over everything that went on tonight and i get all excited and then can't sleep

joel posted the whole passage that bono used to quote:

What can I give back to GOD for the blessings he's poured out on me? I'll lift high the cup of salvation--a toast to GOD!
I'll pray in the name of GOD;
I'll complete what I promised GOD I'd do, and I'll do it together with his people.

amen and amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls