Untitled



Above - Adam "sings".

Monday night - listening to Athlete - Brit Pop. Feeling sleepy.

I got moved up - I am now teaching Intermediate students, before I was teaching Elementary students - some who barely had any grasp of English, which made teaching them very difficult.

Now, I have a bunch of really smart Japanese students, who are very polite and hard working.

Last night we had a good meeting/service at church. I went over a time-line of our church plant, and laid out some tangible goals over the next 8 months, if this thing is going to be sustainable or viable.

Two clear things that stand out from the meeting is our need for intercessory prayer, and for us to have our own meeting place. I have no clue how I am going to find some place for us to meet in Yaletown that is both available and affordable - but God created the heavens and earth, so I am sure he can find us a couple of thousand of square feet in Yaletown to worship Him in. Pray about this!

I haven't been to a movie for weeks - I am hoping to go to one next weekend.

I have now been working at the ESL school for 2 months. I have either been riding my bike or walking the 16 blocks everyday. One thing that I have noticed is the stark feeling of alienation that I feel as I walk to work. There are times on Howe, Georgia or Robson street when I am in some heavily congested areas, yet I am all alone.

How do people connect in this city? How do people survive mentally and emotionally, if they have no social outlet. Most of their work friendships will be superficial at best. Maybe they have some friends they can socialize with - but how do they develop deeper "soul" friendships.

Is this a place where the church can step in and offer safe places of refuge - places where you can be honest, where you can be yourself and speak the truth?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)