Open House and Butterfly on a Wheel

This morning me and my mom headed down to an "open house" at Regent - this was to celebrate the additions to the college. There is a huge new library, and several more classrooms and offices.

Previously, there was basically only 2 classrooms and the chapel. We heard Eugene Peterson and Darrel Johnson speak - I also caught up w. quite a few other profs and friends.

I had one class w. Eugene and I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me. I got him to sign my first copy of the Message New Testament and Under the Unpredictable Plant - which is probably my favourite book by him.

It was a typical Regent event - very warm and thoughtful.

It's a cold and rainy day today - WINTER!!! I have decided that I am definitely a fall/winter person. Although I love summer in Vancouver - biking, running, tennis, etc. I also just love curling up on the couch on a cold, rainy day w. a good book and a cup of tea - there is something so comforting and cozy about that.

The good thing about going to Regent w. one of my parents is that they end up buying me a ton of books. Today was no exception. Here was my haul:

Shaping of things to Come - Frost/Hirsch (gift for a friend)
Learn New Testament Greek - another gift for a different friend
Language of God - Francis Collins
Secrets in the Dark - Buechner
Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity and Islam - Pope Benedict
New Testament and the People of God - N.T. Wright
God's Empowering Presence - Gordon Fee
Papa Prayer - Larry Crabb

Film Festival continues to roll along. Caught the movie "Shattered" tonight - stars Pierce Brosnan and Maria Bello. I believe it was also called "Butterfly on a Wheel". I remember when they were filming it in Vancouver - my friend who works at the Sutton Hotel got to know Pierce Brosnan, because he was living in the Presidential Suite during the whole shoot.

Anyways - this movie was pretty disappointing. It is a thriller, w. some god moments - but the overall story was pretty ridiculous. Don't waste your time and money on this one. The director, producer and writer were all in attendance. The writer was a real piece of work - wearing sunglasses in the theater!

2 more films scheduled for tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls