I Don't Want to be Sedated


NINANS IN THE WOODS

Yesterday Felicia and I went to the Monet/Dali exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery. It was pretty amazing - a lot of Monet's, Renoirs and a few Dali's.

I was starting to feel congested, so I went to get some antihistamines. At the drug store, I asked the pharmacist what the difference between Tylenol Allergy, and Reactine was. He said the Tylenol had sedatives in it. I then got to quote the title of a Ramones song, when I said, "I don't want to be sedated." Cool.

After the art and the drugs, we went for dinner at a nice restaurant nearby called Bacchus. Then we came home and watched Hot Fuzz, which is one of the best moives I've seen this year.

Today some friends from Saskatoon dropped by for a visit - I've known Cory and Laura for a long long time. They are now married and have 2 cool kids, who provided good entertainment for Adam.

I hadn't seen much of Adam this week, so I took him to the Regent Library and then the beach. It was freezing at the beach, but still nice. We collected some shells, watched some dogs and saw some dudes kite surfing, which looks fun, except for all the time you spend in the water.

We have an important meeting tomorrow night for the church - I'm getting everyone up to speed on what is going on with the church.

I have also encouraged everyone to fast tomorrow and then we are all going to have soup and buns to break the fast together. I have been reading "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" by Jim Cymbala and God has led me to see how deficient we have been in the area of prayer. We need to make prayer a priority in our churches and our lives. The same day I sent out this e-mail to everyone in Urban Sanctuary, I got an e-mail from another pastor in town detailing how he is leading his church into a greater emphasis on prayer. We are noe getting together for coffee next week to discuss what God might be saying to the church in Vancouver.

Comments

Joel M-E said…
I hear you... I don't want to be sedated either..... but also "I don't want to be barried, in a pet Cemetary"

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls