1/2

I ran a half marathon today. I know, I know, you're wondering when I'm going to run the other half - hee hee. So here are 2 things I learned about running 21 kms:

1. Don't try to run 21 kms. when you have only run 4 times in the past 2 months.
2. Don't try to run 21 kms. when you only get 4-5 hours sleep the night before.

The run started at 7 AM at UBC. It ended at Stanley Park. I had to stop and walk 2 times. I had hoped to do it in under 2 hours and I did it in 2 hrs. and 20 minutes!!!! It was so hot today - I was sucking back Gatorade and water at all the aid stations. When I crossed the line, I started to weave back and forth. A medical team came running up to me and threw me in a wheel-chair, asking if I was ok. I was fine!!!! (I had never been closer to death).

I got a medal - everyone who ran got a medal. I was SOOOOOO sore - I am stil SOOOOOO sore. I had to speak at a sr's home in Yaletown - I limped all the way there.

Right now I'm working on a newspaper article for BC Christian News - it's an article on Jonathan Reckford, the C.E.O. of Habitat who spoke at first@night last week.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you on doing a 1/2 marathon. I keep thinking I should run a 1/2 marathon.... I think I have been thinking about it for 12 years now - first I need to start running.

Well done.
Santosh said…
thanks joel - read the post again and TRAIN!!! i am in so much pain right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls