me and the boy


This morning it was just me and the boy. First stop Starbucks - I thought I could read my bible and Exclusion and Embrace while Adam sat in the high chair for an hour. when we got there I realized I hadn't brought anything for Adam to play with or read. So I grabbed some stir sticks, straws, venti size caps and a couple of brochures. I tried to turn those things into toys for him. Adam split his time between playing with the stir sticks and opening up a big brochure that has all the nutrional information of every Starbucks drink.

He stayed entertained for about 7 minutes. I did manage to read Matthew 9 and 1 page of Volf before I knew we had to start to move.

So back to the apartment. We took a soccer ball to the courtyard in the back - its a nice grassy area, sort of a common backyard - here we kicked the ball around. I would sit down and read Volf and Adam would come running over and make me sit up.

Then we went back up - I finished something I was working on - Adam ran around.

Then we went to Mcdonald's for lunch - Adam got chicken nuggets and apple juice - I got the grill chicken sandwich.

Then 7-11 where I got a coke slurpee. By now it was 1:00 and mama was waking up after working all night.

By the way, on the nutrition thing, check out a venti white chocolate mocha against a big mac:

white chocolate mocha big mac
calories - 630 560
fat grams - 29 30
cholestrol - 95 80

Kinda makes you want to have a venti white chocolate mocha WITH a big mac, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls