lucky man

i've never been hit by a car - that's pretty amazing. i have lived my wholelife around cars and they've always missed me. i am a lucky man.

i'm sitting in the pastor's meeting this morning, feigning interest in whatever is going on, when all of a sudden i start to feel this incredible pain in my back and neck. i have never had this kind of pain before - i actually got up and went to the office to get some pain killers.

i was in so much pain i thought i would have to go to the emergency room at st. paul's. but instead i gritted my teeth and tried to ignore. i did ask the other pastors to pray for me.

reading "in the parish of the poor" by jean-bertrande aristide. i'm getting on by all these liberation theologians speaking for the poor and powerless. they sound more like jesus then some of the right wing nut-jobs i see on my tv screen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm confused.

Was your neck just sore or did your lucky streak end and you were rear-ended by a car?

-warren
Santosh said…
i guess it did look confusing - my neck was just sore. i came really close to a car that was turning and that's what got me thinking about getting hit.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls