Christmas Eve 2008

Our house.



The Inlet

I did something today that I've never done before. I canceled a church service on account of the weather. Our Christmas Service was supposed to be on at 6 PM. It has been snowing non-stop since last night. I have never seen this much snow in Vancouver before. The roads are unreal.

At 2:00 we decided to pull the plug. I called everyone and let them know - I felt bad for 3 guys in particular who had put a lot of work into leading worship tonight. But, they all understood this was something beyond our control. Turns out we weren't alone, as the majority of Christmas Eve services were canceled.

So we stayed in tonight. At 6:00 the power went out! At least we were INSIDE the house this time. We waited a bit - I ate cereal for supper. Power came back on at 8:00.

This weather is really crazy - canceled flights and smashed up cars. My parents are here and Adam and Sophia are thoroughly enjoying their grandparents attention.

Looking forward to Christmas morning tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, and peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls