President of the World?


Sophia turns the world upside down.

rI czx bcm I zM AQW
- Sophia's comments on Barack.

She had control of the keyboard for a minute. The global consensus on Barack is he is the greatest thing ever, with the exception of the Prime Minister of Russia, who failed to mention Barack by name during a 45 minute state speech. Barack it seems has been elected president of the world divinely chosen to lift us out of the morass of 8 years of the failed Bush doctrine into the promised land of the ideal America that resides in the back of most people's minds when they think of the words "liberty and freedom". We want to leave behind the America of Gitmo and corporate greed and embrace a nation that cares for the poor and uses its incredible wealth and power to help others.

I was chatting online with a relative who lives in the States who celebrated with champagne and tears last night. I mentioned that there were parties all over Vancouver last night to celebrate the monochrome suited messiah. She was rather surprised.

I tried to get a copy of 2 of the national papers - but they were sold out, as people wanted a memento of history to keep.

In my own life, I went to visit a member of our church who is sick in the hospital. As I was reading a Psalm to her from my black Bible, I glanced over at the nurses station which was just a few feet away. There were 3 nurses there, 2 females and 1 male. They all had a sort of bemused look on their faces as they observed me. I wondered if they thought it was rather quaint or odd, to have a pastor praying and reading scripture with one of their patients. I asked Felicia what she thought. She said most nurses are too busy to consider the actions of a minister or priest praying with a parishoner. She also said that there is still a vesitge of respect for men and women of the cloth as they are sort of still viewed as bringing some measure of comfort to the ill.

That fact made ME feel better.

Comments

Jeff Logan said…
Hey I have that map - and my kids kind crumpled it up as well!!
Santosh said…
I think I got it at the church planting conference in Toronto.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls