don cherry and me


it's 8:33 AM - my body probably thinks it's 11:33 due to that dang time change. so i barealy slept the three days i was in toronto. i thought i would crash when i got home - last night i went to bed at 11:00 - so i got like 9 hour of sleep right? but i still feel wasted and my headache that i got on the plane is still there.

i'm in bad shape - also i'm hungry. i'm actually writing this post from my bed.

i have sooooo much stuff i want to share about the congress but i think i am still going to wait until i sort it ou before i spill my guts online here.

i'm looking at my calender and the coming week looks pretty packed with meetings - i'm taking today off to recuperate. me and my new buddy patrick are going for lunch and then seeing walk the line - johnny cash baby - the coolest cat ever. i got into johnny cash off the first rick rubin produced album called amercian recordings. i then proceded to buy every album rubin produced for cash after that. i also bought live at folsom and a 3 disc set callled "lovegodmurder". i love that title. so i am pretty pumped about seeing this movie. you know my mom met johnny cash when she was the prayer coordinator for a billy/frnaklin graham crusade in saskatoon. she said he looked old and sick - he probably did but he's still cool. i just get a kick out of the thought of my mom this tiny east indian lady hanging out with johnny cash!

so the celebrity sightings continue. for faithful readers of this blog you will remember that this fall i met both samuel jackson and robin williams. well in the toronto airport yesterday don cherry walked by me! he looked very don cherry - the big collars and garish tie and a confident strut. it was quite a thrill but i didn't have the energy to tackle him and get an autograph plus i had 2 heavy heavy bags.

well with all thie stuff that happened in the congress i have lots of material for upcoming posts. so stay tuned my beloved blog readers. just want to remind you all of the awesomness of our God who has so much to give each one of us. He wants to impact our lives in such deep and powerful ways. Man I love loving Him!! May God touch your life today in a deeply personal way. I love you all!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are travelling in parallel musical universes. This past week I have been listening to a co-workders Johny Cash (Folsum Prison), and really enjoying it (last CD purchased was Bob Dylan - no direction home).

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)