Vacation Post

It's late at night - I'm listening to Bat For Lashes. We left last Thursday on our summer vacation. 1 week of holidays so far.

1st day - Travelled to Kelowna and stayed with some friends who were renting a lake front house. It was very beautiful there, and we met there 7mth. old twins who were very cute.

Then a long long drive from Kelowna to Calgary. Stayed at a nice hotel in downtown Calgary right next to the Bow River.

I interned at a large church in Calgary in 1993 - that short time was one of the most positive ministry experiences of my life - made many great friends through that time. Went back to that church - First Alliance. It has now supersized to about 3000 in weekly attendance in a beautiful new facility in the south of Calgary. It was truly one of the most unbelievable church buildings I had ever seen. I didn't see many of my older friends as many were away.

We made a day trip to the Tyrell Museum of Paleontlogy - which actually planned our trip to Calgary for the sole purpose of going to this dinosaur museum. It is really quite something, and Adam really loved it.

After Calgary, we drove to Canmore and met up with my brother and his wife, my sister and her family and my parents. We try to pull off one of these reunions every couple of years. Our last one was Christmas 2007 in San Diego.

So far, we have hiked, wandrwed around the town of Banff and dipped in the Banff Hot Springs. Today is Felicia and I's anniversery so we had dinner out.

Other events include canoeing in Lake Lousie, high tea at the Chateau Lake Louise, hiking Sulphur Mountain and maybe going to a local church on Sunday.

The whole dream wraps up Monday morning. We are staying in a large vacation home that we rented - it is really big with a lot of nice amenities, hot tub, sauna, etc.

I was hoping to get more reading done (I brought 9 books!), but we've been playing too much to crack open a book. Vacation is going well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls