Leadership


Me and one of my favorite leaders.

I am in Syracuse New York.
A group of leaders from the church and I are attending the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit.

This is an incredibly large event that makes the United Nations look like a city council of a small town.

170 000 attendees in 101 countries in 42 languages!

The main event is in suburban Chicago - but the leveraging of technology sends it out all over the world - including central New York, where I am.

The folks from our church are a music prof. from Ithaca College and a couple who work for InterVarsity at Cornell.

I have never attended the Leadership Summit, but have always wanted to.
My only regret now is not attending sooner!
What an amazing day.

Today's speakers included:

Bill Hybels
Colin Powell
Mark Burnett - the guy who has produced Survivor, Apprentice, The Voice and Shark Tank.
Patrick Lencioni - most likely the best consultant to corporations alive today.

All in all it was quite a stunning day of inspiration and information.

It will take some time to digest all I have taken in today.

I think something that stuck with me today is the need to overcome fear as a leader.

Many leaders abort visions prematurely because they fear failure. We need courage to give birth to grandiose visions.
This has challenged me to question what MY vision is - what do I want to see happening in the coming years in Bethel Grove Church and in Ithaca?
And how does my fear stand in the way of that?

How do I leverage what I have been gifted with for the furtherance of the Kingdom of God?

Wait and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls