The book I'm reading

A fragment of the gospel of John.

I read a lot - like all the time, all kinds of books. Every once in awhile, I like to tackle a book that is difficult - like academically hard. Well, I've found one: "Scripture's Doctrine and Theology's Bible" is a collection of academic papers that came out of a conference held at St. Andrews College in St. Andrews Scotland (the school my brother presently teaches at).

So, they collected a bunch of New Testament heavy weights to chat about how the church formed their current doctrine by what is written in the New Testament.  Karl Barth and Albert Schweitzer get dissected, along w. a bunch of other major dudes. The book is quite a challenge, but I am enjoying it as it reminds me of many times at Regent College, when I would be in the library battling it out with some book that made no sense at all, but then clarity comes, and I feel happy.

We are still at the resort - we head back tomorrow (told you it was a short trip). It was really a perfect day today, spent time on the beach, napped, Adam and I played mini-golf and then Felicia and I had a nice meal at the restaurant in the resort.

I guess everyone is buzzing about the new iphone. With the new iphone, I guess my current iphone is now old. Now, the new iphone's biggest draws are 3 meg. video camera, faster operating system and ...... a compass. 

Hey, apple - I don't need a compass on my phone. I have my own compass which I carry around w. my protractor and epi-pen. And I carry these items in my fanny pack, along w. my lunch sometimes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)