tough day but big night!



so today was a bit of a grind - very very difficult staff meeting - some very delicate issues bouncing around the church. in the middle of the meeting i was just overcome at how messy and complicated ministry can be. without the grace of god and his wisdom i am screwed - actually we are all screwed without him helping us out.

and then this afternoon someone in the office just decided to put the office server in my office - i didn't really mind as i have a pretty large office but after it was installed i realized that it gives off a very low humming and buzzing sound - its just enough to get under my skin and put me on edge.

i thought maybe i could wait until the end of the week and see how i'm doing but after 10 minutes i had a headache and was grinding my teeth and starting to feel homocidal. i went out and asked someone if we could move it into an office where someone else is there only half the time - they didn't seem too hyp;ed about moving it again. so i just gritted my teeth, turned my music loud and tried to ignore it. needless to say it was stressing me out.

i think i could handle loud noise but this incessent humming is driving me nuts!!! please pray (i'm not kidding) that this gets resolved - i will seriously move myself out of this nice big office to somewhere else in order to get my work done without going nuts.

but tonight - woo hoo - i'm pretty psyched - i bought the star wars trilogy (episodes 4-6) - the old and better ones - i had always wanted them but could never justify the price for the 4 disc set - the bonus disc contained a bunch of extras. but they have released them at a cheaper price w.out the bonus disc.

so tonight i'm going to settle in w. some popcorn and soda and star wars - a movie that is sure to transport me to my childhood - i remember making an r2d2 out of soap when i was in cub scouts - i also had like 300 trading cards which would probably be worth a small fortune today if i still had them.

jamie wanted me to edit my links in my sidebar - instead i'll just tell you what i am reading:

unstoppable force - erwin mcmanus - one of the best books on the church that i have ever read - i am going to buy copies for the core group of my church and we are going to study it together in 2006.

art of prayer - timothy jones - a book that looked promising but is turning out to be rather mediocore.

i read the vancouver sun and national post everyday.

i read my bible everyday using the reading guide written by robert murray mc'shayne - you read through the old testament once and the new testament and psalms twice in one year. i have used all kinds of guides in the past but having been using this one fairly consistently for the past 2-3 years.

Comments

Loeppky family said…
Homocidal?

that doesn't sound very p.c.

-w
Anonymous said…
Being Patient is hard trainging ! Since I accept Jesus into my heart. God is showing me his patience what it is like...I can't even imitate his patience even a tiny bit..Patient is the core of God's love for us...
(Hebrews 12:2) Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Jen.

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)