Fitting In

Things start to be coming together as our morphing away from Canadian West Coast people to upstate New York college town people.

I bought a car, got approved for a mortgage and got my NY drivers license, all in 3 days.

Driving around with NY license plates makes me feel more like a local.

Working

Its been a long time since I've worked in an office that wasn't attached to where I lived. The last time was 7 years ago, when I worked at First Baptist in Vancouver.
And even then, I walked 8 blocks from our apt. to work.

Now, I commute! Granted, its a 5-7 minute scenic drive through leafy country roads with virtually no other cars in site.

So, I drive to work and I work in an office.

At the age of 42, I am beginning to feel more grown up - should have happened 12 years ago.

At work, I am trying to balance out behind the scenes program development with actual real inter-personal ministry. So far, so good.

I don't want to get fossilized in my office, writing sermons for people I don't know - and I also don't want to be so far away from my books and prayer, that I lose touch with the beliefs and One I am serving.

It's A Fine Balance.

A balance all pastors carry with them.

Comments

Unknown said…
We (Jay and I) would really like to have you and your family out to visit over a meal. Have been wandering how busy you all are acclimatizing to a new life here.
I have several topics for discussion!

Our children are not so young, but still needy. Even if they themselves do not see it sometimes.

We thank God you and your family are here with us.
Santosh said…
Hey - you didn't leave your name!

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls