Thanksgiving 2011

3 that I'm thankful for.


It was a nice enough day for us to venture out to a local park. Adam has gotten into football, thank to Charlie Brown cartoons on his ipod. So, we tossed the old pig-skin around. Football on Thanksgiving weekend - felt very New Englandish. We just needed to have a boat we were going to lunch on after.

Felicia spent most of the day cooking a full Turkey meal. I kept the kids occupied. They're all hooked on this ipod game called "Monster Pet". They play it constantly. James just enjoys having books read to him - but now he has also started playing with some toy cars.

I wrote a tweet earlier today for people to pause and actually give thanks in between the turkey eating. I should follow my own advice.

I'm thankful for an abundance of food in our kitchen when for the first time in my life-time, people living in North America are using the term "food insecure" to describe lower middle-class Americans who now have to use food banks on a more regular basis.

I'm thankful for a comfortable house to live in, while 2000 of my fellow Vancouver citizens sleep rough tonight.

I'm thankful I can actually select what clothes I want to wear, instead of worrying about having to wear worn out clothes.

I'm thankful for 3 beautiful kids, that give me more joy than I thought possible.

I'm thankful for a who knows me ..... and still loves me.

I'm thankful for parents who supported me, when most others would have bailed.

I'm thankful that there is a God who reaches down into my broken and messy life with his hands of love, mending and repairing me.

For all these, I give thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls