India

In less than 2 weeks I leave for India. I haven't been back to India in 10 years, since I lived there in 2000 and 2001.

The main purpose of the trip is to visit an orphanage and school that Felicia and I have been financially supporting. I will also be visiting the hospital I was born in: the world famous Christian Medical College in Vellore.

After that I go even further back in my roots by visiting my home state of Kerala. Kerala has a high Christian population with legend saying that the apostle Thomas evangelized it in the first century.

I don't believe that I am going, despite picking up my visa form the Indian Consulate today and booking my tickets and everything. Our trip to Disneyland over Adam's spring break seems more real.

It will feel real enough once I'm over there. I will be traveling with a friend of mine, who is investigating various mission opportunities all over the world and has added India to his itinerary.

I am hoping to have my eyes opened and heart touched by observing the work there. The long term goal is to develop a partnership between our church and the work over there.

Comments

Jessie Cherian said…
See you soon :)

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)