Not Dead Yet

Foolin' around

Ok - so I'm still blogging. I'm going to try to keep to at least a weekly entry. I used to be every other day, but I think those days are long gone.

I took Adam to a b-day party to this kids indoor playground called Koko's. There were about 6 birthday parties happening simultaneously. It was unreal. It also confirmed the fact that I could never run a day-care.

Had a nice time chatting with the parents of the birthday girl. They go to our church and are both RCMP officers which makes me feel quite secure - another job I am pretty sure I could not do.

I find it very fascinating how God creates people so differently - we are all created to pursue a vocation, and if we try to do something that is outside of the calling, we tend to feel frustrated and unfulfilled.

I think of what some of my friends do:
-pediatric dentist
-lawyer
-window glazer
-small business owner
-welder

And I realize that I simply could not do anything else with my life, apart from what I do right now. There is no dream job that I am waiting for - I already landed it. I love preaching, I love studying the Bible, I love visiting people at critical junctures of their life: births, weddings, funerals - what a privilege - what an honor.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I am where I am supposed to be, and for that I am grateful

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls