"Thank you for all you've done for us."



Last night I graduated from Regent College with my MDIV. It was truly a momentous occaison after 4 yrs. of papres, exams and book reviews came to a triumphant end. the ceremony was so amazing. I guess the high point was after our president, Rod Wilson put my academic hood on (see above), he shook my hand and pulled me in and said, "Thank you for all you've done for us." In the above pic you can also see Bruce Waltke to the left and James Houston above.

I felt a lump in my throat and thanked him and walked off the stage feeling strangely warmed. My parents are here to celebrate. There was also some friends from First Baptist and first@night and other special friends in my life.

I feel happy.

Some close friends (they know who they are - n&j - read yesterdays post and gifted me with $60 in their grad card for me last night! thanks!!!

Today I went for staff prayer in the morning where I was given a painting of Vancouver which was quite nice of them. As I prayed I recalled what Rod told me last night and I said that I could say of all the staff "thanks for all you've done for us." i also prayed for our office staff who toil away so many long hours with very little recognition.

Then we went shopping. My dad bought me a white dress shirt and a jacket from Banana Republic which was very nice of him. Tonight my parents, Felicia and I went to Chambar (chambar.com - also pic above) - this is the hottest new restaurant in this city which worships good food. The meal was amazing.

As I was walking out I saw the chef who is a bit of a local celebrity, I chatted with him about this Ecuadorian restuarant that he loves on Commercial Drive. It was kinda cool - we chatted for about 5 minutes about his menu and other stuff. I felt like I was "in" for a few minutes.

We were seated at the back of the restaurant, as I moved through to the front, I was amazed at what a hip looking crowd this was. These are the people I am praying I can engage through first@night. These are people who look so beautiful and together on the outside, but who are often battling the demons of loneliness, insecurity and alienation on the inside.

"God, help us to impact this city in YOUR NAME and for YOUR GLORY."

Amen and amen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Many congrats, brother!
Santosh said…
thanks man! i have been enjoying the latest and plentiful conversations on resonate.
Anonymous said…
Congrats Santosh MDiv
Anonymous said…
don't forget the "other" quote by distinguished Regent faculty....."thanks for making yourself known to me"
You've come a long way Santosh(:

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls