Welcome to the Occupation



I have spent most of last week working on a story on Occupy Vancouver. The piece I wrote will come out in the light magazine the first week of December. (www.thelight.ca).

I have written an article every month for the past year for the light. One article I wrote generated a plethora of responses. It was called "the false mask of ministry" It was mainly about th epressure pastors feel in putting on a brave face, or a false mask in order to do their jobs. That is, Christian communities are environments where authenticity and honesty are not allowed.

Just this weekend I received an e-mail from a pastor in Norway thanking me for that article!

I feel that my piece on Occupy will generate a lot of comment as well.

Here's a teaser and preview:

Could the Occupy Movement be a movement of the Spirit to awaken the world to the cry emanating out of the very heart of God? Indeed, as I spoke to people at the site, the theme of injustice and inequality kept coming up over and over. I heard more talk about justice, economic equality and homelessness in the few brief hours at the site, then I have in all the decades I have spent in evangelical churches.

Comments

David Warkentin said…
Looking forward to your article Santosh! From out here in the 'burbs it's hard to know what's going on and who's telling the truth, etc... Somehow I wonder if the media is always presenting the whole picture. Surprise surprise!

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Where the Light Falls

Coaster goes up (a little)