Oscar Picks

Oscar Picks - I'll give it my best shot. We'll see how I do in March.

Supporting Actress - Mo'Nique in Precious. Unbelievable - there is one scene near the end that basically clinches the win for her.

Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz - Inglorious Basterds. Only because he's won just about every other award for this role so far.

Actress - Tough one. I would have to say either Carey Mulligan in "An Education", who shot into prominence out of nowhere. Same for Gabourey Sidibe in Precious - unbelievable performance. But, Sandra Bullock has been getting a lot of attention for "Blind-Side". My pick would be Sidibe.

Actor - I haven't seen it, but I hear Jeff Bridges in "Crazy Heart" is excellent - so I would go with him.

Director - Kathryn Bigelow - Hurt Locker. James Cameron's ex wife just might beat him out - this was an amazing film.

Picture - With 10 nominees, this is tough. I think the best movies in this category are Avatar, Hurt Locker, Precious, Up in the Air, District 9 and my fave film of last year - Up. I think Avatar or Hurt Locker will win. I am leaning towards Avatar because it is just such a big film - but if Bigelow wins for directing, then they need to give her best picture too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to church

Coaster goes up (a little)

Where the Light Falls